Register for My Blueprint
- If you’re not registered for My Blueprint, getting registered is the first step.
- If you already have a My Blueprint account, sign in to get started.
Activate your Virtual Health account
- Once you’re signed in to My Blueprint, select the Virtual Health link.
- Then follow the prompts to create your virtual health username, password and security question. (You only need to do this once.)
Choose a doctor
Choose from a large network of state-licensed, board-certified doctors (including pediatricians).
Start your virtual health visit
Arkansas law requires your first call to be a video call. Have your health information handy (conditions you have and medicines you take). And be prepared to pay a copayment, coinsurance or deductible amount, if your health plan requires it.
What can be treated
Nonemergency medical conditions such as:
- Common cold
- Ear problems
- Insect bites
- Pink eye
- Respiratory problems
- Sore throat
- Urinary problems
- And more …
Nonemergency behavioral health* conditions such as:
- Bipolar disorders
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ support
- Grief and loss
- Relationship issues
- Men’s issues
- Panic disorders
- Stress management
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women’s issues
- And more …
Why use virtual health?
Sometimes, you need to see your doctor, but you just can’t get there in person – if it’s after hours or you’re out of town … or both.
Virtual health is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year! Expert healthcare is in reach, no matter when you need it … no matter where you are. All you need is an internet and/or phone connection.
Virtual health (powered by MDLIVE):
- Allows anyone covered under your health plan to see a physician after hours or away from home
- Boasts an average wait time of less than 10 minutes
- Gives you lots of state-licensed, board-certified physicians (including pediatricians) to choose from
Virtual health is NOT for emergencies
Of course, if you have a broken bone, excessive bleeding, dangerously high fever, bad burn, symptoms of heart attack or stroke, etc., get to an emergency room as quickly as possible – and don’t hesitate to call 911 if you need to.
MDLive is a separate company that provides telehealth services for members of Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield, and eligible Health Advantage and BlueAdvantage Administrators of Arkansas members. Arkansas Blue Cross, Health Advantage and BlueAdvantage are independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Virtual Health currently is available to all fully insured health plans but not available to all health plans. Members with an active medical plan whose coverage includes Virtual Health should be able to successfully register via the link within My Blueprint. Your benefit summary will indicate if Virtual Health is available to you. Notably, it is not available to members who have limited duration plans, Medicare plans, plans covering employees of FEP, Arkansas State and Public Schools, or Baptist Health.
* Behavioral health benefits through Virtual Health are available for select members served by BlueAdvantage Administrators of Arkansas. For coverage verification, call the number on the back of your member ID card or contact your group administrator.